Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sorry Australia

Well, that cyclone that we made just to the north of us decided that it wants to eat Australia.  What happened is that after it turned west and left Fiji, the Tropical Depression TD09F up and turned itself into cyclone Yasi and decided that North Queensland had once slandered its mother.  It is now a Category 5, and lest you are wondering why I care enough to post this on my blog, North Queensland and I go way back to 2002 when I got my MS and James Cook University in Cairns. If that sounds familiar, its because you cheated and looked ahead to the map and thought to yourself, "I sure would hate to be in Cairns right now."  Well, that is probably what my friends there are thinking.  Let me take this moment to apologize for what Fiji accidentally generated in our waters.  And please be safe all in the way.

IDQ65001

IDE00005.201102020730

1 comment:

  1. That was the first thing I thought of when I heard where it was going to hit. Quickly followed by "I've been there!" and "That ain't gonna help the diving."

    ReplyDelete